Creative Agency: Van Heertum Design VHD
Project Type: Produced, Commercial Work
Client: Aurum Brothers
Location: Tilburg, the Netherlands
Packaging Contents: Jewellery
Packaging Substrate / Materials: Wood, Leather, Metal
Printing Process: Screen Printing
Creating a packaging design for men’s jewellery that tells the story of ancient gemstones and literally takes you into the world of Aurum Brothers is kind of a challenge… but we loved every minute of it!
Aurum Brothers’ passion is providing men with custom luxury wrist-wear that is the perfect combination of style and comfort. They are on a mission to revive ancient crafting techniques, materials and stories the stones used to carry within them.
Three things that are a must at Aurum Brothers:
- Superior skilled craftsmanship – the kind that you look at a piece of work, and see the time and love that went into creating it.
- Pieces that you cannot find anywhere else – Pieces just don’t seem as valuable and special if they are mass produced and in every department store.
- The story behind a piece of jewellery (or anything for that matter) – The stories of great men who have worn these materials before you, where the stones came from and how it was made…
For their new and most luxurious collection, named Varnos, we created a unique packaging design, made of the best natural materials. The top of the box is decorated by a handmade illustration based on 6 different ancient cultures, representing the most used (gem)stones at Aurum Brothers:
- Hematite – Native American
- Hematite – Romans
- Obsidian – Mayans
- Tiger Eye – African Tribes
- Sodalite – Caral Society (Peru)
- Obsidian – Japanese Samurai
You open the pack by sliding open the outer shell, which literally divides the illustration, taking you into the “world” of Aurum Brothers, with the luxurious bracelet presented as a centrepiece.
The heavy, solid wooden packaging design really ads value to this luxurious bracelet. You really “get” something. It really creates an experience opening the pack and discovering the bracelet. The sliding shell opens the illustration on top of the pack, that symbolizes taking you into the world of Aurum Brothers. The craftsmanship and storytelling of the brand itself, really comes to life in this design.