Design: Nikita Jaiswal, Vishruth Kumar
Project Type: Student Project
School: National School of Design
Packaging Contents: Liquid Detergent, Detergent Pods, Dishwasher Tablets, Descaler
Packaging Substrate / Materials: HDPE with cloudy finish(recycled high density polyethylene), Card sheet
Printing Process: Flexography (liquid detergent), Digital Printing with UV coating
IFB is one of India’s largest home appliance companies. The range of products cover Laundry Solutions , Living Solutions & Kitchen Solutions.
The IFB Essentials Packaging Design Challenge was an identity re-design competition for their essentials range of products, including,
- Fabric Care, eg. Liquid Detergent, Detergent pods
- Kitchen Care eg. Dishwasher Tablets, and
- Machine Care, eg. Appliance Descaler
The design concept, Taral (a hindi term for fluid) encapsulates all the learnings of the brand values and the keywords from the ideation stage. The intent of this design proposal is to –
- Design a visual design language that can be applied to all the products.
- Enhance the user experience with the product packaging through form and interaction modifications.