Design: Milk Brand Agency
Creative Director: Ben Reid
Design Director: Sarah Melrose
Project Type: Produced, Commercial Work
Client: Sanitarium Health Foods AU
Location: New Zealand
Packaging Contents: Liquid breakfast drink
Packaging Substrate / Materials: Tetra Pak
UP&GO wanted to introduce a new product aimed at the adult market. A healthier, premium liquid breakfast made with real ingredients that talked to the anti-sugar trends – something that had never really existed before.
Our brief was to design this new brand, positioning it as a healthy breakfast option without denigrating the core UP&GO range.
We treated the new drink like a premium smoothie – a natural liquid breakfast.
We called the new product UP& GO Blends – an honest name that reflected the sophisticated new flavour combinations such as Banana & Cinnamon and Cocoa & Almond.
The packaging also reflected the premium nature of the drink, without shouting:
- Confident, simple design to convey natural ingredients
- A subtle, ‘scientific’ feel – pale grey typography on a clean white background
- Naïve typeface to convey a sense of honesty
- Logo reduced to base typeface for a more contemporary, less mainstream impression
- Earthy, natural colour palette
- The diagonal line dividing the pack talks to the blend of natural ingredients and milk, and also gives a slightly medicinal feel
- Brand block colour for shelf standout
- Clean and simple design – a sense of calm amid a loud and cluttered environment