Creative Agency: Shumi Love Design
Creative Director: Valerii Shumilov
Photographer: Kirill Zmurciuk
Project: Commercial work
Packaging Contents: Vodka
Packaging Materials: Paper
“Syabrovka” vodka is produced by the Belarus company “Slavproduct”. It’s worth noting that the “Syabrovka” vodka is traditional Belarus vodka of excellent quality. A few years ago, when the product was being launched, the main emphasis in its design was the traditional Belarus origin. The design was primarily based on the cheap popular style that is characterized by the use of folk elements in a simplistic manner, dominated by a limited choice of visual methods, including rough strokes and vivid colors.
At the time such a marketing solution was justified. The product has only made it to the shelves and it was necessary to make it stand out from the rest by emphasizing its individuality. But as the time passed, the sales growth has slowed down. This was the factor that made the producer rethink the product’s positioning and the brand’s development policy.
After a while it became apparent that the product’s positioning doesn’t correspond to its manufacturer’s financial and business goals. This vodka was priced as a middle class product, while its design was perceived by the consumer as something cheap and budget. Correspondingly, the consumer didn’t see the product as something living up to its price.
In order to correct this dissonance the producer has decided to undertake a complex rebranding. The essence of the task set by the client can be described by the following terms:
1. The business and financial goal of the producer is to keep the current loyal consumer of “Syabrovka” and maximize profits by attracting new clients.
2. Push the product to a higher pricing segment.
3. Create a design that will correspond to the product’s new positioning.
4. The product’s new positioning: traditional Belarus vodka, the production of which involves the use of modern equipment and latest technologies.
5. The new design has to maintain continuity with the old one, the product should still be perceived as a traditional Belarus vodka that the consumers know so well.