Design: Tanisha Wani
Project Type: Student Project
School: MIT Institute of Design
Tutor: Samson Mathai
Packaging Contents: Cereal
Packaging Substrate / Materials: Container – food grade polypropylene, Seal – aluminum foil (thin sheet), Lid – polypropylene plastic
Printing Process: Shrink wrap label
Children are the easiest consumer to attract. This is because they have a high level of curiosity and interest in everything that they see, touch or hear. As such children marketing have been quite popularly used by food companies like Kellogg’s.
These small, cute bowls ,specially for kids are called the ‘Joy bowls ‘of different seasonal flavors with a special seasonal theme for each season(flavor). Can also easily be stacked on top of each other creating a great billboard effect.
The two concepts out of the 5 seasonal flavors- Sprouting Spring & Wild winters are depicted here.
It’s simple! Just add cold or hot of your favorite milk, stir, and enjoy the delicious bowl. The breakfast choice everyone will love. Froot loops , honey loops , honey smacks , coco pops & frosted flakes, bringing unexpected joy with minimal effort.
- Layers of delicious textures from real ingredients,
- Quick, hassle-free joy bowl for kids.
- Add cold/hot plain or flavored milk, stir, and go for an easy breakfast or snack at the school, home or on-the-go.
- No refrigeration required & Packaged for freshness and great taste.
- Packaged in a recyclable bowl.
- Bowl shaped -The container is cereal bowl shaped which enhances the whole experience of having packaged cereals and is also superior in quality to existing cup packaging.
Seasonal theme- The different seasonal ranges are paired up perfectly with the existing kid’s flavors & mascots of the brand. E.g. – 1. Sprouting spring is perfectly paired with the existing colorful froot loops flavor whose mascot is a tropical bird. 2. Wild winters is paired up with the existing frosted flakes flavor whose mascot is the famous Tony the tiger.
Fun facts- Different fun facts about the specific season is printed on the inner side of the seal(on opening) of each joy bowl for entertainment & knowledge for children.