Tg Green Teas are a new brand of green teas inspired by ancient Chinese ingredients and knowledge. The RTD range was created to bring consumers the benefits of quality green tea through healthy and accessible products that challenge existing sugary drinks. Naturally flavoured with other traditional Chinese ingredients, TG Green Teas promote inner resilience and outer vitality.
Urban adults looking for healthy refreshment that also delivers on taste
Design a disruptive but engaging identity and packaging range that communicates the brand proposition:
– Naturally uplifting vitality
– A contemporary interpretation of Chinese heritage
– Better for you, but not too ‘worthy’
– A friendly expert on authentic Chinese green tea and ingredients
And the product characteristics:
– Premium and different
– Low calorie
– Flavour and refreshment
– Made with real Chinese green tea
– Develop existing basic ‘Tg’ trademark
– Use existing 330ml bottle format
The Design solution
– The ‘Tg’ trademark was re-drawn in a bamboo brush style and incorporated into a dynamic kite to create a brand device that symbolises ‘naturally uplifting vitality’ and Chinese heritage.
– The kite tail is used as a flexible device to add dynamism to the packs and to function as variant colour differentiation.
– Vibrant variant colours were chosen to convey intensity of flavour.
– The ‘Green Tea’ descriptor is evocative of vertical columns of traditional Chinese writing.
– Brush illustration style and hand-rendered typography communicate an authentic and friendly tone of voice.
– A misty mountain background is used to help communicate refreshment and the brand’s naturally uplifting proposition. It also acts as further variant colour differentiation.
As RTD green tea is a new type of drink in the UK distinctive and disruptive packaging was needed to maximise trial / repurchase potential and to tell the story of green tea in an engaging way.