Creative Agency: Jam&Co Design Pty Ltd
Project Type: Produced, Commercial Work
Location: Sydney, Australia
Packaging Contents: Breakfast bar
Packaging Substrate / Materials: Paper, plastic
Kellogg’s Nutri-Grain enters the ‘on the go’ breakfast
The Ready To Eat Cereals (RTEC) are losing relevance in the breakfast occasion due to the fast-changing consumer lifestyles. Consumers are looking for convenient options they can eat on the go. These changing behaviours have led to the rise of the Portables or ‘on the go’ breakfast segment over the past several years.
Kellogg’s Nutri-Grain saw an opportunity to provide a unique product offering to consumers that really delivered on taste and a satisfying eating solution.
Design that taps the male psyche
With major competitors Up&Go and Weet-Bix Go having a large established market share, it was critical for this new product to standout on shelf. Leveraging the Nutri-Grain brand and showcasing the real taste appeal and substantial eat of the product. The end design is one that really taps into the psyche of the male target.
- Strong and bold colours connects to target market.
- Device links to energy cues
- Nutri-Grain #1 in hierarchy makes for easy navigation and reassurance for mum
- Protein:”Fuller for longer” speaks directly to male demographic for a satisfying eat
- Nutri-Grain patterned background links to the original but has been contemporised